HUGH G ALLISON Tel: 07743 473081
Take a tour with the Scottish Talespinner, and find
that your Scottish holiday suddenly takes on more depth and meaning, and
some more humour too.
Take a tour with the Scottish Talespinner, and
find that your Scottish holiday suddenly takes on more depth and
meaning, and some more humour too. Although he is a Highland
tour guide based near Inverness, Hugh Allison is also happy to
incorporate pick-ups in both Edinburgh or Glasgow, and make your
journey north more memorable.
Whether your interest is history, natural
heritage, myths & legends, or magnificent scenery, you will find
it all, on one of these tours.
With a lifetime of experience in the culture and heritage of
Scotland, and three acclaimed books to his credit, Hugh is waiting to
show you his Scotland.
||Lochs and Glens
There are hundreds of questions you can ask! Here are just twenty
- Who is better – Mel Gibson in Braveheart, or Liam Neeson in Rob
- Do you prefer Diana Gabaldon or Rosamunde Pilcher – Outlander or
- Do you want to see Monarch of the Glen country, or world-famous
- Who was the bigger hero –Wallace, Robert the Bruce, or Mary Queen
- Who were the Scots and the Picts, and were they Celts?
- How did the Bronze Age compare to the Stone Age before, or the
Iron Age after?
- The mountains and waterfalls are amazing. Can such beautiful
views be real?
- Did Bonnie Prince Charlie choose the ground at Culloden?
- Tell me about ancient heroes, like Ossian, Finn, and Cuchulain.
- Is it true that the Black Cuillin is on most bucket lists?
- Is Cawdor Castle anything to do with the real Macbeth?
- Do you recommend the Isle of Skye, or the Orkney Islands more
- What do you want to see – Salmon or Eagle, Red deer or Hairy
- What scares you most – Viking stories, Murder stories or Ghost
- Will lunch be by the Tavern’s fire, or listening to the Inn’s
- Which is older – Broch, Dun, Castle or Fort?
- What do these Standing Stones mean? Do they have a message for
- What do you mean; Shinty has few rules, and is the grandfather of
- What about the icons – Kilts, Tartan, Haggis, Whisky, & the Clans
- Can all Scottish guides speak Gaelic?
So don’t delay. Check out the Guiding Rates in the index at top right.
Make your choice, get your questions ready, and come drive with me!